CNC processing – sheet forming
What is CNC processing (forming) of sheet metal and how does it work
CNC is an abbreviation for the computer numerical control. Such controlled machines are capable to produce a variety of sheet metal parts according to a preset program, using cutting and surface forming methods. Typical products for CNC machines are boxes, casings, cladding, components of audio equipment, components of vending boxes for food and many others.
Advantages of CNC metal processing
- Suitable for small-batch and medium-series production,
- Possibility to create a prototype or 3D template,
- Fast implementation of design or shape changes.
CNC sheet metal forming is applicable for
- Automotive industry,
- Electronic engineering industry,
- Mechanical engineering industry,
- Building industry,
- Consumer goods industry.
Key features of CNC sheet metal processing (forming)
According to customer’s drawing documentation we are capable to ensure metal sheet cutting, bending, stamping, roll-bending, welding, capacitor discharge welding, drilling and riveting on CNC machines.
We process the following materials on CNC punching and forming machines: steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum. All in thickness from 0.7 mm to 3.0 mm (exceptionally to 4.0 mm).
According to customer’s needs we can make a prototype or 3D template, consult possible modifications of this prototype, then perform the changes and start the series manufacture. Of course, we offer a possibility of subsequent treatment by cataphoresis, powder painting, zinc plating or their combination. We also perform assembly of all parts.
Offered CNC metal processing technologies
- Cutting of steel sheets by CNC punching center FINN-POWER C5 - sheet metal plate maximum size: 1250 x 2500 mm,
- Cutting of steel sheets by CNC punching center Prima Power E5 - sheet metal plate maximum size: 1250 x 2500 mm,
- Steel sheets cutting on table plate sheers up to 3 mm thickness,
- Profiles cutting on PILOUS belt saw,
- Metal sheets bending on the CNC press brake: SAFAN – servoelectric, 25 t, max. length of bend 1250 mm,
- Metal sheets bending on the CNC press brake: SAFAN – servoelectric, 35 t, max. length of bend 1250 mm,
- Metal sheets bending on the CNC press brake: SAFAN – servoelectric, 100 t, max. length of bend 3000 mm,
- Metal sheets bending on the CNC press brake: ERMAKSAN – hydraulic, 100 t, max. length of bend 3000 mm,
- Metal sheets bending on the press brake: ESPE – hydraulic, 80 t, max. length of bend 2500 mm,
- Stamping and forming on 4 mechanical presses: 3 x 40 tons, 1 x 63 tons,
- Roll-bending (centering),
- Welding CO2 MIG/MAG, TIG, on Komfort welding table 1500 x 1000 x 200 mm PLASMA,
- Welding table – 2 pcs,
- Pedestal drilling machine – 2 pcs,
- Milling machine FGV32,
- Electrical resistance spot welding,
- Capacitor discharge welding of the headless screws: KST - 10 (3 - 8 mm diameter),
- Assembly and completion of parts including packaging,
- 3D printing of templates and prototypes,
- Fabrication of prototypes (holders, bushings) – manufacturability needs to be always consulted in advance.
- Grinding machine
In cooperation we can provide:
- CNC laser cutting of sheets,
- Surface treatment - powder coating in various colour hues and small batches, tin plating, mass zinc galvanizing and others,
- Manufacture of machined parts that are needed for assemblies produced in Lakum-KTL,a.s